Monday, August 16, 2010

words & suds



a lovely book, a lovely bath. i just came from a tub scented with lily of the valley bubbles. despite my longing for fall (an earthy scent such as vetiver or cedar might have been more appropriate) i went with the breezy spring scent of the little bell shaped flowers. actually, i didn't have anything woodsy on hand so, no choice really. i digress.

something about the smell reminded me of my dad and step-mom's house in england. it had me remembering rainy walks in the forest, coming home with muddy boots and sparkling drips clinging to our hair. putting the kettle on for a nice cup of tea to cozy up to. i could go for that again, rainy wanderings.

4 comments:

Your Lovah! said...

So THIS is why you wanted your camera in the bath, Damn!
Great pics hun.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

I think you need to write a book.
Now.

Flying Whale said...

both of you are beautiful!

a book eh? i would love that! i need to agenda a few more hours into the day. i used to write short stories for (and starring) my sister at my last job.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Pweeease let me read a short story!