Sunday, August 22, 2010

art insomnia


it's 10:10pm and i can't seem to shut things down to go to bed. it's a "school night" and i refuse to believe that as fact. i'm too productive right now to close up shop and prepare myself for the 5 day grind ahead of me. i know i'll suffer with yawns and a grumpy mood behind the desk that (just barely) pays my bills but who cares. i'm in it right now, and if you're in the same position as me (dreamy artist trying to work her way out of a poopy office day job) then you'll understand. when inspiration hits you have to grab it by the kite tails and ride the wind.

i've managed to finish the above piece tonight, prep a new panel, and play with/create something that has sparked an idea. i keep looking at the clock and begging it to slow down. it's not listening.

time is a cruel sonofabitch. it crawls while i'm at the bill job and races when i'm at the "truly me" job, what's your deal time? who tinkled on your french toast to make you such a mean ol' meanie? sucks to you clock-face, i'll show you.... just you wait and see.

p.s. see those rather gorgeous butterflies at the bottom of the first photo? they adorn a most delicious journal made by the super lovely Maria-Therese. you need one, trust me. ;)


2 comments:

Corn and Wine said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to suffer from this affliction. Press on, sister! :)

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

eeeeeeee! :D :D :D