Saturday, November 6, 2010

the Ma wisdom


Today Damian & i had his mother over for lunch. She wanted to see my studio and what i was currently working on. I brought her up our treacherous 1865 staircase and into my paint splattered haven, she shifted left to right right, up to down with her eyes. Within those glances she had decided something, upon inviting reds and blues, and worn out papers into her minds eye she turned and said to me "quit your job and do this!"

we should always listen to our mother right? so should we not also always listen to our mothers-in-law? a mother is a mother and they always know best.

it was another boost to my dream within a span of 2 weeks. the first boost being that the piece i painted for auction at work ended up (after a starting bid of $30) going for $440!

bring it!

p.s. photo above is available as prints in my shop!

3 comments:

Corn and Wine said...

That's awesome Amanda!! One day soon your day will come. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is very soon. :)

Maryjonono said...

Just checking in to say hello! I love your profile pic with the little blue birdie! Hope you're well! MaryJo (Jill's Mom)

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Oh yes!
Listen to mama.